Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The past week

Tue 24th ended up being a great day. The tree went up (with all the decorations on one side and at child height) and a yummy dinner. The girls - Emerson especially - were ultra excited with the news. It brought a tear to my eye.
Wed 25th I told my workmates. They were not surprised although they hadn't guessed. We have a chair at work that is at my desk, that has been dubbed 'the chair' (obviously) because whomever seems to sit in it ends up getting pregnant. This is number 10 child. Although no one else seems to want it now!?! Go figure.
Thu 26th Emerson had another basketball game. She had so many shots on goal, but finally managed to sink two. I think this makes seven for her this season. Nathan took me out for my birthday dinner at The Crazy Farmer with a few of my friends. I enjoyed the evening. He gave me a present before we left - a whole box of chocolate and tim tams. Not the smallest box either. It's going to take me a while to get through it.
Fri 27th we went with our ward on an overnight camp at Waihi. It was a lot of fun and we had a good turnout. There was no set plan, you could do what you wanted and that was great. Here's hoping it turns into an annual event.
Sat 28th the girls decided it would be fun to swim in the freezing sea! My kids are crazy. I'm surprised they didn't get hypothermia from it, it was SO cold. After lunch we came home. The children were knackered and it was an early night for all of us.
Sun 29th I battled with Ammon through another round of church. It is hard with Nathan sitting on the stand, as Ammon wants to go to him but gets distracted along the way. Whether it's the steps, a chair, another child or a plug... I'm mindful of how distracting that might be to the rest of the congregation. If he makes it to Nate then he sits there really good for a while. He did enjoy singing on Sunday though, so much so that he wanted to sing all through the closing prayer aswell! He has decided he hates nursery, won't even go near the door. I mentioned to his teacher he doesn't like nursery, she says that's probably because it's the room where Daddy disappears. (Nate usually takes him). So I wasn't going to fight him and took him with me to deliver newsletters and update noticeboards and then go to class. We finish church at 4pm, he falls asleep at 3.30pm. Handy. Next year will be better when we have church at 9am. He'll be more awake and less fussy and then home in time for his usual nap. Looking forward to it. Sometimes you wonder what you get out of attending church some weeks, but I know it is where I am meant to be and that the Lord will bless me and my children for the efforts I make.
Mon 30th I had a midwife visit. I could hear baby's heartbeat and that was VERY reassuring. I have also felt some movements which seems a little early but I know what they feel like and my midwife Megan says it's possible, so.... all is good there.
Tue 1st - we have started our 25 days of christmas courtesy of Jacinda's blog idea. The kids are excited. Today was that they could start their chocolate advent calendars. Ammon's favourite things these days are lollies. And he can say it too. You know exactly what he wants. Monkey. We were supposed to go to Leah's gymnastics end of year show tonight but Nate is at cricket and I think this is a two person job when one of you has to perform with Leah, the other gets to look after Em and Ammon, so that is tomorrow.

Not a bad week.

4 comments:

mum said...

If you need any help with that huge box of chocolate goodies .........
I've helped decorate 2 trees so far and this weekend I'll help your kids decorate ours.
Logan made me a beautiful card at kindy today and very proudly gave it to me. After I left Auckland to come home he cried for it so much I have to post the card back tomorrow!!
I enjoyed a swim in Yvette's heated pool but there's absolutely no way you would get me in the sea at this time of the year. Crazy kids.

Janferay said...

Go Logan!

mum said...

And that wasn't all. Ryan made a Christmas chocolate at Motat and the kids had to sit there and think carefully who they were going to give it to and why. Ryan chose me but when the teacher gave his little packet to him at school to take home, he scoffed it himself!

Yvette said...

My kids are obviously indian givers. Sorry mum!
The boys had another swim in the big pool last night, while I sat in the spa keeping an eye on them. I added candy canes to the Christmas tree, so it's looking good - all silver, blue and red. I think I should count the canes though as I wouldn't put it past Ryan to sneak a few off the tree!