Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bad night

Last night was one of those fun nights that just keep going and going.
I slept ok till Caleb's feed about 1.30am, but found he was wet so had to change him before feeding. Not long after that I woke to the sound of Ammon being sick in his bed. Luckily not too much so quickly changed him and his pillow and he went back to sleep while I rinsed them out and went back to bed. Then Leah comes in asking me to take her to the toilet. I assumed she didn't want to go in the dark so told her to turn the hallway light on and off she goes. Then I smell it.... and she comes in saying it came too quickly. I go to look and there is diaorhea (?) all over the toilet floor and mat. Ugh! I clean her up and send her back to bed and then tackle the floor, holding my breath the whole time. Mopping, rinsing, washing then back to bed. Then Caleb wakes again but it's too soon for a feed, I try anyway when he doesn't settle but he mucked around so I burped him and put him back to bed. He still didn't settle even after Nate tried so he comes to bed with us. Finally, he sleeps, then Nate starts snoring!!!! Between that and the washing machine there really wasn't much hope for me. About 30 mins later it's time to wake up and start the day. I feed Caleb and find him wet again (what the???) so in the shower we go.
Ammon is clingy and just wants a bottle. I don't want to give him one but he pushes for it, so I did, and he vomits on the couch. Clean up again.
Can still smell Leah's poo's so check the laundry and found she'd put her pyjama pants full of poo's in the laundry basket. Oh joy. So the washing begins again.
Leah and Ammon have been watching TV and managed some breakfast while the washing is done, my bed is changed and Caleb sleeps. He's due to wake up now.

You know it's only 10.30am. I think I'm in for a long day. Surprisingly I'm in a fairly decent mood so far, but maybe we should give that some time. It's bound to change by the end of the day. Mum I'm so happy we're coming your way for dinner tonight.

p.s. Basketball is back on and Em is happy as.

p.p.s. Happy Birthday Regan, I hope it's a fab day.

p.p.p.s Really looking forward to Petria living a short walk away from us!

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff happening all at once. If it was me, I totally would've made Nathan clean up the poop in the middle of the night. Well done on staying in a good frame of mind. Hope the day improves as you go.

Janferay said...

Caleb just pood himself and required a full change of clothes. Washing cycle #5 now started. Leah had a quick run to the toilet again but made it there this time. Ammon hasn't been sick again and is asleep now.
I'm still not grumpy. Yay for me.

mum said...

What a day and a half. Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.