Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Em's Party

Due to Em's actual birthday falling when everything is shut and most of her friends are away on holiday, she decided to have her 7th birthday party today and it was one of the easiest we have celebrated.
It started at 10am, and as soon as all her friends had arrived we went to Just Bead It. A bead shop in Hamilton East where they each made a necklace and bracelet. That took almost 2 hours but they time really flew.
Then it was back home for cake and food and presents, followed by a swim outside. No games, just do whatever you want. It went so smoothly that Nate and I even managed to have a quick nap in front of the cricket - the girls were so absorbed in Em's new hangman game that you didn't know they were still here!









Oh and I can't resist adding this photo of Ammon. He's been quite keen to wear no clothes of late, so we've been trying him on the potty. Too early I think but he did like wearing his Bob the Builder undies... as you can see!

6 comments:

mum said...

The water activities were such a good feature when the temperature was 29 degrees at 3:30. Probably hotter earlier on. Our 3 were soon in the pool when we got home and bath tonight was another swim.
What a dag that boy of yours is! And he was so funny trying to slide on the water slide. I winced every time he threw his naked body face down on the slide, then he would crawl/slide to the end or his dad would give him a huge push and away he'd go.
Loved the cake too.

Unknown said...

Love the new layout Janf, very nice :)

Happy Birthday Em!!

Yvette said...

Love the pics and the new blog layout. Great to hear that Em liked her hangman game. I wasn't sure if you already had one but didn't have my cellphone on me when I was in the shop!

Jacinda said...

Don't you just love it when parties are stress free? That's how it was for me when Brooke had her Lollipops party. Your new camera takes beautiful photos too. I love the clarity and lighting. That last photo of Ammon cracks me up. That's a keeper.

I got the Grease DVD today - The Warehouse found my one in their drawer, so thankfully I didn't need to buy another one. I got the Annie DVD while I was there too. Only $10, and the girls watched it this afternoon. Oh the memories that movie brings back...

Petria said...

Love the new look. What pretty cake. Did you make it?

Janferay said...

Yes. It was a 2 layer banana cake with cream in the middle and vanilla icing on the outside. She wanted it purple with marshmallow flowers and pink squiggles. Turned out pretty good - and yum too.