Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting ready

Next week Leah turns 5. Wow - she's gonna be a school girl! She is very excited. So we are getting ready for her birthday, last day at kindy, her Lollipops Playland party and her first day at school. It's going to be a busy few days. I'm also wondering how Ammon will go without her at kindy with him. He is transitioning to toddlers this month so it's a few changes all at once for him.

I asked Leah what she wanted for her birthday this morning and she quickly described in detail the pink bouncy castle that she wants. Hmmm... don't think that's going to happen. Her next choice? A mermaid Barbie. Now they used to have one courtesy of Uncle Andre, but I'm thinking it's either been put away and I am yet to find it in the depths of the shed (that's where their toys go when they won't put them away), or else they have lost it. Would be good if I could find it again, I could wrap it up and she'd be happy. I'm all out of ideas after struggling to come up with some for Christmas.

We will have a little family party and presents on the 4th at home, cupcakes at kindy on the 5th and her party with her kindy friends and her siblings on the 6th. She starts school on the 8th. She's keen for Daddy to take her photo like he did when Em started school. Out on the front deck holding up one finger for her first day. But she says she wants to hold up five because she'll be five. Heck with our new camera we can take lots. So glad we bought that, it's been so good to take decent photo's at last!

I had my follow up scan on Monday and it was great. Got the all clear and once again resisted finding out.

3 comments:

mum said...

Leah will enjoy a 3 day celebration. She is so ready for school. I hope school's a happy experience for her. She'll stun the teacher with her swimming ability if the teacher even checks out their abilities. Probably just have her blowing bubbles like Em did when she started school.

Gran Denny said...

Hey Janferay, sounds like you've been busy, me too. Catch you Sunday. Good luck with the birthday celebrations.

Petria said...

Great news about the scan - how can you not ask???? Lots of love to you all xx