Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mum

The first thing I want to say is "Thanks Mum".

You just do so much for me and my family, from giving the kids their own timeout at your place, to helping with swimming and dancing and whatever other activities they want to do, to doing my dishes or watching my son so I can have my own timeout for an hour.

You buy things for us, you help with my garden and my storage, you come when I need you and you come just because you want to. You are patient while the kids talk to you on the telephone about their day (or just want to play with skype) and you spoil them with the things I won't buy. You always have time to watch them outside, or play a game with them on the lounge room floor.

You babysit so my sweetheart and I can go on a date, sometimes you even go on a date with my husband (rugby season is starting again)!

Yes you do alot of physical things for us, but you also do alot emotionally - you love us and I thank you for that. You are a great Mum, an even better Nan... and I love you... lots!


2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Hear hear!! I totally agree and second that opinion! Love you heaps Mum!

Anonymous said...

(blush,blush)
Well isn't that what mums and nannies are for? And you must admit my kids and their children are very easy to love and spoil. Wait till we're pensioners - it'll only be emotional spoiling then!!
Thank you all for trusting me with your families.