Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Impatience

Emerson asked me a couple days in a row if I would meet the Mum of a friend of hers so that they could have a playdate. Of course I kept saying "Not today..." so Emerson took it into her own hands to organise our meeting. Yesterday A's Mum comes up to me in the car and tells me about a wonderful note she got from Emerson asking if she would meet me and asking if she could come and play! She'd given up waiting for me.

I think that's great. Sometimes impatience in children is not a good thing but I'm glad Emerson isn't going to be one of those kids who sit around waiting, but will get on with it. Who will make new friends and make things happen. That's a great quality to have - impatience. Who would've thought?

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Wow, good on you Emmy! Clever thinking getting the ball rolling like that ;)

Anonymous said...

Well done oldest granddaughter. I hope your play date was lots of fun, Em. Now it will be her turn to come and play with you.
Leah asked for a play date with me today but I said I had jobs to do so she could only come if she played on her own till the jobs were done. She picked the ripe tomatoes and washed the car (and me). She was very good. But I wonder why she didn't want to eat dinner with us? She didn't even look at what we were having!