Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eggs, Penguins, Doctors and Smiles

We've had a great Easter weekend!
It started Thursday night when we helped the Easter Bunny set up the Easter Egg Hunt, and it's lucky we did because the girls were ready at 7am to go egg hunting. There was great excitement and delight when the girls discovered that EB had left them money in their eggs instead of chocolates or toys (about 20-30c per egg). It meant they could go visit DADDY'S EASTER SHOP and buy the chocolates they wanted. It also meant Mummy gets to eat what wasn't purchased - yay for me! It showed us that Emerson goes for the biggest prize while Leah's is based on colour. They were very happy with what they were able to buy. The rest of the day was a very lazy one at home while Daddy went to ride his motorbike in Tokoroa.

Saturday was family day with a trip to Kelly Tarlton's. The girls LOVED it!! Immensely.
Leah is just fascinated by sharks and it was the only thing she really wanted to see. Emerson really enjoyed the penguin ride and both girls shrieked when the killer whale popped out of the ocean. Very funny. Ammon's favourite part was probably the games room where he could hang out with his little penguin friends and explore as he wished. Fortunately he didn't get squashed as he crawled under the turtle research submarine while Mum and Dad weren't watching!! The stingrays were a hit and I really liked the coral reef tank. It was a great time.
Sunday was church. The girls wanted to share the Easter Nests we had made on Friday with their teachers and a few friends so that was enjoyed by many. I guess the momentous event of the day came at the end when Nan offered to have the kids for the night so we could have a full nights sleep. Well... so I could have a full nights sleep (my husband has fantastic sleeping abilities, he can sleep through anything - even a small boy screaming his head off a few times a night). It was Ammon's first night away from me and apparently was a great success for him but really, he may as well have stayed home for all the sleep I got that night. I guess I'm just too used to waking that my body didn't know it was allowed to stay in dreamland. Ah well... it made me decide to wean Ammon off the night time feed so that's a good thing - for me. Freedom....!!!

Monday we could have slept in, but when you can you don't, and when you can't you want to. We did a few jobs before the kids came home and Mum and I went off to a wedding. The first one I have been to where you take your own picnic and blanket. All they supplied was the cake and drink. It was great. Very relaxed. The bride went from blanket to blanket and got to try everyone's food while she visited. Mind you she didn't get much from us, we took Subway (too lazy to cook). The evening rounded off with Nate's family coming over for an impromptu dinner. The cousins really don't spend enough time together.
Today is Tuesday. The kids had photos done at Pixifoto - very quick and easy with plenty of smiles at the ready. Of course they turned a little downcast with one big girl after I told her she has to go to the hospital on Sunday. She really does not want to go but she will. We've also had a nit-combing session today. I really don't know where the girls bring them home from! Takes ages and the girls hate having to sit so still. I still need to think about dinner and tonight we have our tithing settlement interview.

What a busy weekend but it's been good and I survived. Lets see how the rest of the school holidays go....

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

I'm glad the Easter shop thing worked out. I'll try it next year with my girls. DH has just dropped of his parents back to the Airport, then taken the girls straight down to Mum and Dads. I hope your nit treatment works - I so don't want to have to deal with that with Brooke's unruly hair :)

Mum said...

Love the shop idea. I can imagine that being a lot of fun and a good learning activity. The bird's nests were a hit all round.
That's a friendly looking giant penguin in the photo. See Regan - you just don't know how to have fun at Kellys. Maybe you are the wrong age - too over the hill?
Did you do the shampoo thing as well as the combing? Watch out that Leah doesn't get them back at kindy tomorrow. It's obvious she was the first to get them this time. Tie her hair up well.

Janferay said...

No I didn't have any shampoo on hand, I just did the combing. I might try the tee-tree oil tomorrow for kindy till I can get more sorted. Who knows, she probably got it from kindy in the first place!

mum said...

You must do the nit cream thingy

Gran Denny said...

Hi Janferay, what a busy Easter break you had, I love reading the stories of your family. Hope Emmerson is well