Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday Boy

April 27th was Ammon's 1st birthday.
He and I spent it visiting Nana and doing grocery shopping, exciting stuff! Our only plans for his birthday was dinner with his grandparents and a little cake to follow. He demolished the cake quite well after putting his finger in the candle flame(!)...
and seemed quite taken with his Thomas the tank engine from Aunty Yvette.I can't believe he is one now, that we've had him for a whole year. The time has gone fast and except for the lack of sleep I've loved it all.

Ammon now weighs 11.0kg and is 78cm tall. At the same age Emerson was 9.9kg & 81.5cm and Leah was 9.4kg & 77.4cm. Here is the three of them at age 1 (Em on bike, Leah eating cake).


3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Happy Birthday little man - we were thinking of you on your birthday. Jf, that's so cool seeing the three of them at the same age. I think if I put Brooke and Elisa together at a year old not too many people would pick them apart.

Mum said...

There sure are some similarities. I have seen Ammon with exactly the same look on his face as Emerson has in her pic.
He is so cute when he looks at some food he sees and says "Yom" because he wants you to feed him some of it. Does it when I have a hot drink too so I have to be careful to keep it away from him.
He didn't take long to work out how to push the driver down on Thomas. And he likes whizzing the push-a-long toy back and forth.

Yvette said...

How cute! Glad to know he likes the Thomas train. Boys seem very good at figuring how things work. Unfortunately in Logan's case he 'investigated' how the keys on my laptop might come off and broke one. We got quoted $250 to fix it as they have to replace the whole keyboard!!! I think I can put up with a missing key :-)