Saturday, April 04, 2009

Back to Work

I've had two days back at work now and it's almost like being at a new job all together rather than returning to one. Although I do know how to do everything and I've remembered most things pretty well, there is still the uncertainty that I am actually doing it all correctly.
Fortunately it is fairly quiet there right now so it's been a good way to ease into being back there. At the same time, it is a bit too quiet and I sit there twiddling my thumbs at times. I spent yesterday just cleaning out my area and doing alot of filing and making room and throwing away the unnecessary. It has been asked that we volunteer to help others in the office if we have the time, but I'm just getting used to my job again so I'm not going to offer to help someone else just yet.
Of course I'll probably be back into the swing of things completely in a week or two but for now I plan to cruise along and find my feet again.

I miss Ammon. I don't think he misses me though. He's been having a fabulous time with his Nan playing outside and inside and going for walks. When I came home yesterday he was happy to see me but wanted to go straight back to Nanny. Mmm... nice to see you too son.

So it's taking some organizing now on the mornings that I work and can get a little frantic if we're running late. It's not going to get much easier coming into winter, I mean really - who wants to get out of bed on a foggy and cold Waikato morning?? Oh it's gonna be fun...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Ammon and I have been lucky with the weather. It's been brilliantly sunny and just makes you want to be outside. And Ammon is an outdoors boy. Loves machinery of any sort and animals. Found himself a couple of girlfriends at the library and they took care of him while I browsed the bookshelves.