Saturday, June 06, 2009

Another black eye

Well since Ammon's black eye (see a previous post) he's split his head on Aunty Jacinda's stairs and given himself another black eye in the same place as the first one by pulling our little telephone table over on himself. Crikey. What a boy! We think he'll have a bit of a scar from the stair incident but Nate has one just like it on his head too. If you faced them together it's like a mirror where their scars are. He really is just like his Daddy.
He's getting better. Not 100% but much much better. Thursday was his worst day. He just laid down the whole day, whimpering through much of the day and the night. We kicked Daddy out to the lounge and he slept with me, although I wouldn't say there was a whole lot of sleeping going on - especially at 3.30am when he seemed to perk up and get all wide awake and chatty. He'd gulp down water like a man in the desert and then puke it all back up again straight away. Friday he tried to walk a bit but was so shaky he would just collapse and cry, but he has more strength today to get around but not much more of an appetite. Tomorrow should see him back to his old self.
I tell ya, I've gone through the pamol this week! First Em, then Ammon. I need to go get a top up now. I remembered yesterday (!!) that I had a sheet that told me how much pamol to give at certain weights, well..... if only I had remembered that about 6 months ago! All this time I haven't been giving Ammon the full amount that he was entitled to, doh! Let's put it down to baby brain shall we?
After 13 months I gave up breastfeeding last wednesday. It was a good run and longer then I did with the girls (11 months each) but I'm real happy that I could go as long as that. It is SO convenient. I probably could have gone longer but nah, it's time. Of course I would decide to do that the week before he gets sick as I would have liked to have been able to comfort him with a feed when he was feeling completely crappy but I stayed strong, and even though the milk is still there you can't really go back can you? It's a bit of freedom now... I can wear any clothes (not just breastfeeding friendly ones) and go to a girls night out if I want and he can sleep over at Nan's if she wants... it's great.
Oh by the way I have a mission - to get a decent photo of Ammon for his passport application. Wonder if he'll stop getting black eye's long enough for me to do that??

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Oh dear. I hope you all feel better soon. Nothing worse than the whole family not well. Elisa keeps waking intermittently crying about a sore throat, so we'll just see how that pans out shall we? LOL.

Janferay said...

Yes well Leah is complaining of a sore head and tummy tonight, and Ammon is very tired (I'm still not sure if his bug is back for round 2).

Yvette said...

Hope it's not swine flu! Symptoms are very similar to normal flu (headache, loss of appetite, muscle aches and fatigue, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, watery eyes, and sometimes nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.) Might pay to get him a shot of Tamiflu?