Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Ammon's starting daycare

Next wednesday is Ammon's big day. He's starting daycare. He'll be going to the same place that Leah goes to, which will be great because if he's ever having an off day or quite upset, they will go and get her and she can comfort him.
We've had a few visits already and each time he does better and better. It's not ideal, because he's one of the older babies so won't have anyone to really play with, but after the Christmas holidays he will be old enough to move up to toddlers and it will be much better for him.
At the end of this month, he is also old enough to start nursery at church. Yay! But we'll see how he goes with just starting daycare too. Might be too much change for him, but he'll have his buddies in there - Taj, Frank and Ben so he might be ok.
Unfortunately our youth are fundraising at the moment, and of course we should support them, so darn it, we have to go for a pancake breakfast on Saturday morning. What a shame. The girls are going to love it, it's their favourite breakfast. I also get my car washed, so it's going to be a good morning. They are also doing a hangi at the end of the month, so we'll be keen on that too. I haven't had one for ages!
Work is busy as ever. I usually manage to get on top of what I have to do by about 4.45pm, write a quick email to my job-share buddy and then it's off home. It's good to be busy, I don't like twiddling my thumbs at work, it seems pointless. Emerson wants to come to work with me on Friday, don't know what she's going to do there, but she's excited. Work won't mind. Hmm... maybe I should tell them she's coming?? ............. Nah.
I reached a milestone recently - September marked 10 years with my current employer. Of course I have come and gone and raised a family in that time, but I like it there. I'm celebrating with morning tea next week - what to make?? Feijoa and apple cake? Donuts! Or maybe Bex's caramel shortcake... mmmm..... yum.....

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Yumm, hangi! Haven't had one of those for years.....
Congrats on the 10 year milestone and best wishes for Ammon's big day.

mum said...

I am going to miss my boy so much. I will have to have him and Leah one day a week before she starts school.And when I get back from Aus I want to go to Auckland more often as well. Not enough days in a week for me! Will look around for anything that might go in the fundraising garage sale you were telling me about.

Jacinda said...

Our youth are fundraising too - they have a big day planned for end of the month, though I don't think it's a hangi. All the ward members bring cooked/baked food, then it gets packaged into meal packs and sold for $10 or $20 a plate. Huge plates too apparently. I was going to pay the youth to mow my lawns a few weeks ago but they never turned up. Mum was telling me about Ammon's daycare too. I hope the caregivers make an effort to stimulate him and play with him till he moves to the next age level.