Sunday, October 25, 2009

T-ball? No thanks.

Well Em decided not to play t-ball after all. There just weren't enough girls in the team for her liking. So it's just basketball. Their first game was great, her team won 10-4 and Em scored the last goal. Next week the team is going to burger king after basketball as a get-to-know-you for the parents.
On Saturday I went to the Church College of New Zealand market day, this weekend hosts the final reunion before it closes at the end of the year. I enjoyed a yummy coconut bun and caramel cinnamon scroll then purchased an awesome family proclamation on canvas with a picture of the first presidency, temple and Christ on it aswell. We get it later this week as they had all sold out and were only taking orders on the day. I'll post a pic when I get one. There were lots of little stalls with tempting things to buy but I restrained myself. Of course I may be kicking myself later for not getting some kind of CCNZ momento but ah well....
Nate's Mum had the kids for the day and it was nice to be able to browse and wander all by myself. I was also able to pop out to Dad's and put a few things in the fridge for his arrival home today. Oh and then I bought some new curtains for our lounge and a crockpot to replace the one that got melted. Sorry Mum, but now you have a brand new one! I got about an hour or so after all that to myself at home before my family arrived. We were all going to go to the rugby together but decided Ammon wouldn't last, so Nate just took the girls. Although he was home about an hour later, the girls had driven him up the wall. Once the hot dogs and chips ran out they were done. Leah kept asking him why he wanted to watch the rugby. Thank goodness the tickets were from work and we hadn't had to pay. So home they came and Nate watched the rest of the game on TV. His words? "Never ever ever again!". Ohhhhh.....
Church today then our friend Ru is coming for dinner with his boys. Tomorrow is a holiday. No plans yet, but the girls might be having a sleepover tonight and a movie tomorrow but we'll see if their behaviour improves from this morning! Good luck I think!

2 comments:

mum said...

How does a crockpot melt???? Is the new pot round or oval? What controls does it have?
That was nice of you to prepare the house for Dad. Thank you. Enjoyed reading all your news.
Sat with Kato in church and watched his 4 boys in the Primary Presentation.
Danille went out with friends this afternoon to attend a food market day - lots of gourmet type things but it absolutely poured with rain so don't know yet how it went. Regan has gone to pick her up. I am hoping the girls will both settle themselves to sleep.
See you later in the week.

Janferay said...

He didn't take it off the stove before he turned the wrong element on! It is round, same size as yours with the same controls.