Thursday, May 06, 2010

Emerson's basketball

Emerson really loves playing basketball. She came home yesterday with the player of the day trophy and a certificate. Her second this season. I haven't been able to go watch her yet as she plays on Wednesday's, but I finish work next week so I'll be able to see her in action for this season. Mum says she is one of the best on the team, learning to be a good little fighter and her shots on goal are getting more accurate too.
She gets out in the backyard with her Daddy a couple times a week and that has made a big difference. He doesn't go easy on her either (to her frustration), makes her fight him for the ball and corrects her technique as they play together.
She was so happy when she came home and that's neat for me to see.
She is going to dress up as Pippi Longstocking for book character dress up day at school tomorrow. Leah is going to be red riding hood. A fairly quiet weekend ahead then Em's parent/teacher interview on Monday.
As I said before I have one week of work left, then 2.5 weeks till baby is due. I've got some newborn gear sorted (mostly in white for now), but still umming and ahhing on where to sleep all the kids. I need another bedroom in my house!

***EXTRA EXTRA - READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!
Here's a pic of the girls dressed up this morning (and Ammon). They said they enjoyed their day. Em came home with more big news - she has made the school jump-jam team. So that makes it basketball, choir, jump-jam and dancing each week! Thank goodness choir and jump-jam are done during school hours.

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

Wow, only a few weeks to go. The time's gone quick (for me, LOL). Brooke keeps reminding me that your baby is due soon - she's so excited. I can totally picture your girls in their dress up costumes too. Make sure you take some photos.

Unknown said...

Only 3 weeks to go!? Cool :)

mum said...

Emmy is a little fighter. Grabs the ball and won't let go. Even ends up on the floor still holding it. Needs to work on dribbling though. Still bounces it way too high. Very proud of her. I felt she got the trophy because she deserved it not just because it was her turn!

mum said...

They look great. Didn't the Pippi Longstocking idea work out well. You came up with some really god clothes for her. The freckles stand out. Does Em know she left her poster here? Will drop it off tomorrow.

Jacinda said...

Aw, they look so cute! Perfectly dressed for the part.