Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Frustrated!!!

* * * UPDATE FOR BELOW POST* * *
Started Thursday - dry night
Friday - a touch wet
Saturday - dry night
Sunday - dry night
Monday - dry night from 9.30pm till 7am.
We're doing well! I say we, because I have to wake up to take her. A couple more days as we are, then we'll see if she can go all night.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm really not used to having time to myself with no kids around. But today is one of those days. I've done a couple of jobs for church but I look around the house and see things I *should* do, but just look away again. I'm passing the time waiting for my hairdressing appointment after lunch, so what do I do instead? Phone the doctor to check on Em's test results from Monday. And yes, she STILL has an infection!!!!!!!!!

We've done two courses of antibiotics now and neither have worked. Mind you I didn't really expect this second lot to as it was the same as the first one and that didn't work either. Why the same one? She had three options: cefaclor which she practically lived on for the past two years (that's the one that didn't work), trisul which is so disgusting she won't take it and nor would I, or amoxcillan which she has reactions to. What choice did we have?? So the doc is figuring out what else we could do and will call me back. Joy.

I am so frustrated by the fact she is still going through all this medical stuff. We have a hospital appointment on June 9th for her checkup, but till then...... it's another day. She has really been doing so well since we took her off all her medicines (except for the infection!) but I think we're going to have to make a more determined effort to get her dry through the night. I think that will be a big step if we can achieve that. So, starting tonight operation dry-night begins! Hopefully we might have this done within the week, or before baby comes. Wouldn't that be a bonus? Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Gran Denny said...

Poor wee darling, hope she's better soon

mum said...

Get him to give pills if she hates the medicine. You can break pills up if necessary.

Unknown said...

Good luck Janf!

Janferay said...

Well, we didn't really start on Em till yesterday, but had a dry night last night - yay!!!!!!!!