Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Almost Holidays

The week before school holidays always turns out to be the busiest of the term. Tomorrow Emerson has a jump jam performance then a shared lunch. At 5pm she has her basketball final. Thursday both the girls have a class shared lunch each then a disco that night. Friday is the end of the term and Leah wants a pyjama party. Saturday Em has a church class movie night at her friends house.
Tomorrow night I'm off to watch "Eclipse" with some girlfriends so hopefully Caleb will feed just before I go then not till I get home. Otherwise we do have some frozen milk so I'm sure he'll be fine, it's just that he hasn't had a bottle before so here's hoping he doesn't mind it. Luckily for Nathan it's the late movie so the other kids will be in bed and he'll only have Caleb to deal with at that time. Mind you, in saying that, how often does Murphy's Law come into play at times like this?? One of the kids is bound to get up or be unsettled. Oh well, I get them all the other times, it's Nate's turn for a night.
Caleb is doing good. His burping is getting better. Stancy made me wonder if it wasn't a little to do with some antibiotics I was on as he was pretty good before then, and he's getting better now I'm off them.... something to think about.... He's decided he doesn't want to have nice morning sleeps so is unsettled till about lunch time then will sleep a good 5 hours or so (waking briefly to feed). It's just a shame that's when I have to get the kids from school, or cook dinner. Wouldn't 5 hours of straight sleep be heaven?!
I've just finished reading book #5 of the Vampire Academy series by Michelle Read (?). SO GOOD! I only got it on Sunday, and finished it today. Stink. Now what do I read? Book #6 doesn't come out till the end of the year. Any suggestions people?

By the way: Emerson is stoked you've all been writing on her blog. It was set up at school (all her classmates have one too) but she wants to update it fairly regularly.

1 comment:

mum said...

You do have a busy week ahead.
Enjoy your movie. It'll be good to get out without any kids.
Who's going to Leah's pyjama party?