Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Slowly learning...

I have to keep reminding myself that babies are learning. Bubba is learning to feed and to sleep and it's going to take time. The first couple of nights home were not so fun, but Mum stayed last night with bubba in the lounge and it was so great to get some decent sleep (both Nate and I). I still fed him (and watched the soccer too) but to be able to pass him off and go back to bed was just great. I feel somewhat refreshed and not so in need of a nap today. He is averaging 3-4 hourly feeds.

Ammon loves to have cuddles with bubba. He wasn't so keen to go off to kindy this morning, would much prefer to spend the day with his Nanny! He all of sudden looks so grown up, he's definitely not my baby boy anymore and neither does he feel like it! He's suddenly alot heavier than I remember him being last week. The difference from holding a newborn eh? Ammon still loves to go swimming, eat chocolate and play rough-and-tumble. His language is getting really good and he is so polite, always using his manners. He counts to 14 and his favourite songs are I am a child of God, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Dingly Dangly Scarecrow and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Leah is going through a "not very good listening" stage. Since you can't smack them, and sending her to her room does nothing, we have started putting her outside for a couple minutes. Normally this is at night time and Leah hates the dark, so is actually working very well. Sounds mean, but she's only been outside once, it seems to have been the trick. Now all we have to do is threaten to put her out there and she does what she's told. She just gets so easily distracted and that is her problem. Ask her to put her pyjama's on and from the lounge to the bedroom, she finds all sorts of things to start doing instead. I'm sure she doesn't do it intentionally but it just drives you nuts how often you have to repeat yourself. Other than that, she enjoys school and her reading is coming along really well. She wants to go back to swimming next term too.

Emerson has been very clingy for the past month or two. Perhaps it is baby coming into the family, but she has needed more love and one-on-one time lately. She's a good girl and is enjoying jump jam and dancing and basketball. They didn't get to play bball last week and she cried, she had really been looking forward to playing. She has to go on some medicine this week but hopefully things will settle real soon for her now that her nights are so much better.

Nate says work is going well. He is really learning to prioritize the clients that are a better benefit to his time. It all seems to be coming along and the Lord continues to bless us financially - so happy for tax return time!!! - as his business gets up and running. He is playing rugby and loves playing at #8. He's been out the past two weeks as he got a concussion, but that has been good timing with baby. Hmmm... should I knock him in the head so he'll be home all the time??? ha ha.

As for me, I still have a belly and sore boobs but this is what I wanted. How lucky did I get to have two girls and two boys?! Give me a month and things will be all sweet again. There are no big plans in the future, just the daily kids/school/family stuff. Even the school holidays is a bit far ahead for my thinking ability but we are planning to bless baby on July 4th. If you are around, you are welcome to come. 9am Sandwich Rd chapel, lunch at our place at 12.30pm.
I'm not missing work at all (I've been off a month already!) and feel spoilt to be receiving dinners courtesy of the relief society ladies at church this week. I so LOVE not having to cook. Although next week I'll have to figure out how to get dinner done when I'm sure that will be exactly the time baby needs feeding! Fun times ahead.... yay.

10pm 16/6/10
p.s. We have named him - finally!
CALEB RUBEN MCANNALLEY.

7 comments:

Jacinda said...

Brooke gets easily distracted too. I feel like I have to follow her around just to make sure she gets from A to B without stopping off at XYZ first. Poor Emmy...it has to be hard being firstborn. I hope you manage to find time for more one on one with her, though I imagine that's not so easy now you have four.

We'll come visit you guys next weekend (25/26). Yvette says she'll be down there then too. Sorry we won't be able to make the blessing - we'll be in Rotorua with George & Dawn.

So how are you coming along with a name?? It's going to look kinda weird on his blessing certificate to have Baby Four McAnnalley. ;D

Unknown said...

I vote for Reuben or Ruben. Rueben looks like spelling mistake.

Nice name though :)

Itworksforbobbi said...

Congrats on your new little boy! So exciting!! I also vote for Reuben.

Jacinda said...

Ooh, I like that name. I vote for Reuben too.

Janferay said...

We've decided to go with RUBEN - easier not having to remember where the E goes.

mum said...

I love the big update and the name. Doesn't matter how you spell it coz you will always have to tell others every time they need to write it. Even those who know Em well still spell it Emmerson most of the time.

Jacinda said...

Do you want to send me a photo of Caleb (or two or three) with some journalling that you want scrapped?