Monday, June 14, 2010

New Look

Thought I'd have a change of look here, we'll see how it goes - might change it again soon.

Of course there is more change within our home now that baby is here. (Nope no name yet). He didn't have a great night last night as he struggles to wind very well even though he needs to. Unfortunately he's not going to be like Yvette's kids and just fart it out, I wish. The only time he'd stay asleep was in my arms, so he and I ended up sleeping out on the couch. I wonder if it was his tummy and being held was easier on it?? Of course he's had a feed and got changed this morning and gone right back to sleep - in his own bed!!!!! You can't win can you?

I was so tired from him being awake so much that I could barely wake up to have prayers with my family and see them out the door. Thanks to Nate for getting the girls ready for school and to Emmy for feeding Ammon breakfast. I think this calls for a pyjama day today - who can be bothered? Even Ammon isn't keen to get dressed and it's 10:15am.

(Nate and baby - about midnight 10/06/10)

Also - thought I'd backtrack a little and tell how the birth went. Heavenly Father must have known it wasn't going to go my way and so prepared me earlier than usual. My contractions started on Wednesday morning then went away and came back around midnight Wed/Thu and just went all day. With the other 3 I just started about 4pm and had them that night - done and dusted. But this one went all day, just plodding along. Not fun. They got more intense about 4pm but not regularly intense till about 7.30pm. We got to the hospital at 8.30pm, but unfortunately it was so busy that there was no aneasthetist available to give me an epidural. I thought for sure one would turn up and give me one.... mmm.... nope. I put up with it for a fair while, then asked for the gas. I was probably on it for about 5 minutes when my waters broke. 8 minutes later (at 10.38pm) he was born. Ouch. Doubly ouch because he came out with his hand up by his head. However it went really well and I didn't have any problems. I just can't believe I gave birth without an epidural! What an experience. Will I do it again? For some reason not so quick to say yes like I did after Ammon was born.........

p.s. A huge thank you to Mum for looking after the kids while I was at waterford. Thank you so very much Mum.

8 comments:

mum said...

The new look came as quite a surprise. I like it. Hope you get a better night tonight. Did the midwife finally get enough blood or did she have to heel prick him again?
As for looking after the kids -you're welcome!

Jacinda said...

I thought I was on the wrong blog there for a minute. Haha - people might think you've had a girl! Looks good though. Ouch about the lack of epidural. Glad it all turned out OK. I remember with Elisa I had to give her some wind medicine for the first couple of weeks. Sorry, can't remember the name of it now - was an over the counter one. She didn't need it for long, but it definitely helped till she got the hang of burping on her own.

Unknown said...

Keep the new look Janf, its great.

I still vote for Gladius as the name. Very majestic and heroic.

Yvette said...

Congrats and well done on creating a well balanced family! Can't wait to see baby in person soon. I will be in Hamilton on 26th as Nikita is competing in Miss Teen NZ at the Le Grand Hotel. Will pop around then. Regan sent back another bag of baby clothes which I will bring with me.

What about Noah or Elijah for a name? Or you could always go for Bob.....

Gran Denny said...

Congratulations Janferay

What's all the details? How heavy was baby etc etc

He looks gorgeous and Nathan looks tired.

Lots of love to you all.

Janferay said...

I think I am having groundhog day - again up alot last night, and he's straight off to sleep this morning. Maybe he has his days and nights mixed up??
Yes Mum she had to heal prick him again, not that he flinched at all but at least got the blood the second time.
Dennise - he was 8.10 lb but is long so doesn't look it. Make sure you visit next time you are in Hams ok?
As for a name.... I picked one, but Nate isn't 'feeling' it so we're still working on that.

mum said...

He'd probably go for Rugby or maybe even Cricket. Actually I like the sound of Cricket.

Janferay said...

mmmm, the latest is Choppa. (!)