Friday, June 18, 2010

Nights are better

Caleb has settled down a lot at night and goes straight back to sleep after his feeds now. Yay. The night before last, I fed him at some early hour then came back to bed and Leah comes in with a nightmare, so she sleeps with me till the next feed when I send her back to her bed. I feed Caleb and come back to bed to find Ammon in there! He stays till the morning. Moral of the story? Buy a bigger bed.
I don't mind the kids coming into our bed when they are upset or scared, that's what your Mama and Daddy are for aye? To comfort and cuddle you. It's such an easy thing to make them feel safe and secure just by being near you.

I'm not feeling flash today. I think maybe a hint of mastitis or something, which is surprising really because I don't think I have been particulary exhausted/tired/overwhelmed/run down but it has a little of the same feeling. I think I am just prone to mastitis regardless of what I do. I have some antibiotics which I started last night for an ear infection that should cover it aswell, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Luckily a few things I had on for today have been re-scheduled so I have the day to do NOTHING. Think I'll even leave the kids in after school care today so I can make the most of it.

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh Caleb is so cute! Can't wait to give him a cuddle next week. Looks quite a bit like Ryan did as a baby. Or maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me!

mum said...

Get out the one week old pics people!
Let's see what they all looked like.Put them on your blogs if they are not already there.

mum said...

How did the learnathons go? What do I owe?

Jacinda said...

That's a great photo Janferay. Really glad to hear he's settling easier for you now. Can't wait to see you all next weekend.

Janferay said...

Leah: 10 out of 10.
Emerson: 41 out of 50.